1 someone (a person or firm) who contracts to build things
2 the bridge player in contract bridge who wins the bidding and can declare which suit is to be trumps [syn: declarer]
3 (law) a party to a contract
4 a bodily organ that contracts [syn: contractile organ]
- A person who executes the building or improving of buildings.
- A person or company that performs specific tasks like electrical or plumbing work in construction projects.
- A person or company hired to maintain existing facilities like air conditioning systems, groundskeeping, etc.
A person who executes the building or improving of buildings
A person or company that performs specific tasks like electrical or plumbing work in construction projects
A person or company hired to maintain existing facilities
Contractor may refer to:
- General contractor, organization or individual that contracts with another organization or individual (the owner) for the construction of a building, road or other facility
- Subcontractor, an individual or business that signs a contract to perform part or all of the obligations of another's contract
- School bus contractor, a private company or proprietorship which provides school bus service to a school district or non-public school
- Independent contractor, a natural person, business or corporation which provides goods or services to another entity under terms specified in a contract
- Private military contractor, organization or individual that provides services of a military nature
- The Contractor, a 2007 action movie
- In the Anime Series Darker Than Black, the term 'Contractor' is used to refer to someone who has acquired special powers
Contractor may also refer to:
- Consultant, a professional who provides expert advice in a particular domain or area of expertise.
- Permatemp, a person who works for an organization for an extended period via a staffing agency
Contractor is also a common surname among members of the Parsi community of South Asia.
contractor in German: Auftragnehmer